Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Friday, March 2- Australia (Other)

Friday, March 2

I guess I have never really realized how many people do play video games, especially across the world. I, myself, do not enjoy them very much, so I suppose that I never really have payed attention to them other than around Christmas time when people rush around searching for the new one that has just come into the market.

I stumbled upon an article in The Austalian, an Australian newspaper, about a man who moved back to his homeland of South Australia with no career plans, and decided to open a small store. He has been a real estate agent, and wanted change. In 2000, he opened a store selling second hand video games and kites. Once the Pokemon crave hit, he learned that this market could work for him. He became very popular, and now is an entreprenuer. Gametraders is the name of his store, and "has evolved into a 37-store entreprise that specializes in buying, selling, trading, and renting new and used video games. It sells both very recent video game merchandise, to as far back as the ancient sega.

This man won the Franchise Council of Australia's franchisor and franchisee awards in 2003 and 2004. Sales of his 10 stores hit $13.7 million, and are expected to jump to $25 million for the year 2007. This man has done very well for himself, with something he enjoys doing in the world of technology. I guess I should start paying more attention to video games and other electronics, for the market is growing and there are many opportunites available in the job market.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21201200-5010941,00.html

No comments: